Perry Lutheran Homes Launches TechConnect Program!
Here at Perry Lutheran Homes, when we say we want to help keep residents connected, we mean it!
Perry Lutheran Homes is on a mission to help every single resident connect through technology with the launch of our TechConnect Program!
Our goal is for every resident living at any Perry Lutheran Homes campus to have a dedicated tablet (if they are able to use one independently and do not have means to purchase their own) setup and ready for their use for video chatting with family and friends, browsing through Facebook to see the latest photos of grandchildren, and/or emailing back and forth with friends and family!
TechConnect Program Phases:
- Phase 1 is complete having nine tablets available for all residents to "check-out" and use as needed for video calls with family and friends.
- Phase 2 is in progress which is seeking funding for tablets for all current Perry Lutheran Homes residents who are able to have a dedicated tablet to use.
- Phase 3 is also in progress which is seeking funding for tablets for new Perry Lutheran Homes residents who are able to have a dedicated tablet to use.
TechConnect Program Details:
- If residents have the financial means to purchase their own tablet, we will help them set it up and test with family.
- The brand of tablet will be determined by Perry Lutheran Homes.
- For the resident to have their own dedicated tablet, the resident must be able to physically and cognitively use the tablet independently.
- For residents unable to physically or cognitively use their own tablet, one will be made available to use when family or friends would like to video chat.
- Should the resident move out of the care community or pass away, the tablet will remain at Perry Lutheran Homes and be reassigned to another resident if Perry Lutheran Homes purchased the tablet.
Questions about our TechConnect Program? Contact Yeisha Sarceno at ysarceno@PerryLutheranHomes.org or 515-465-5342.
Can you help? Our goal is for all new and current residents to have a tablet of their own. You can help make that happen by making a financial gift today! You can donate securely online here: https://perrylutheranhome.networkforgood.com/projects/116348-our-community-our-people-our-privilege or contact Wanda Pritzel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-570-2310 for additional ways to give.