Perry Lutheran Homes is a 501c3 not-for-profit Christian ministry organization that depends on gifts from individuals, organizations, and congregations to care for hundreds of Iowans every year.
The organization's annual budget is supported each year through a combination of charitable gifts, fees paid by those receiving service, and government reimbursement for those that we serve utilizing Medicare or Medicaid. Major facility remodels, new and innovative programs, and many other services to benefit our tenants and residents are simply unobtainable without our charitable partners.
Every dollar makes a difference!
- $25 will bring a smile and a new shirt to one of our residents unable to purchase their own.
- $50 gives the gift of hundreds of memories through an iPod shuffle filled with personalized music.
- $100 supports the happiness and purchase of activity kit supplies tailored to a resident's personal interests.
- $250 provides fun and entertainment for events like ice-cream socials, derby day, and movie night.
- $500 helps to engage and stimulate our residents by keeping our award-winning memory care units feeling like home with decor, areas, and activities appropriate to when and what they grew up with.
- $1,000 will make family visits more comfortable by supporting the improvement of a family-friendly common area.
- $5,000 - $20,000 gifts will greatly impact and advance one of our current major efforts such as resident room remodels, construction of an on-site inter-generational day care, or a redesigned dining experience. To direct a gift to one of these, or another project, contact Wanda Pritzel, Director of Development.
To make a gift or learn more about giving a gift, contact:
Wanda Pritzel, Director of Philanthropy
Mail: Attn: Wanda Pritzel, 2323 Willis Ave., Perry, IA 50220
Coming Soon: Online Portal
Make a one-time or recurring donation, or give in honor or memory of someone who has made a difference in your life. When you remember someone special with your gift, PLH sends an acknowledgment to the family or person indicated, notifying them of your thoughtful gesture without sharing the amount of the contribution.
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT THE WORK OF PERRY LUTHERAN HOMES INCLUDE:
PLH is eligible to receive gifts that you direct through your Thrivent Choice charitable dollars. See your Thrivent representative, call PLH or visit www.thrivent.com/making-a-difference/living-generously/thrivent-choice for more information.
Employer Match Gifts
Many employers offer to match gifts given to support charitable causes, creating a great opportunity to maximize and compound the value of your gift. Visit with your employer’s human resources department for more information.
United Way Directed Gifts
Direct your United Way payroll deduction contributions to PLH. Contact your employer’s human resources department to explore this option.
Gifts of Property
A full or partial load of corn or beans can be donated, rather than selling the crop and donating cash. Consult with your tax advisor for information about the tax benefit of this unique gift.
Gifts of Stock
Donating appreciated shares of stock directly to PLH allows you to support our mission without paying capital gains taxes. You receive a charitable tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock. For more information or assistance with a stock gift, please contact:
Wanda Pritzel, Director of Philanthropy
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), Certificates of Deposit (CDs), mutual funds, stocks, bonds and other instruments can be assigned to PLH as the recipient or beneficiary. Simply name PLH as sole beneficiary or to receive a percentage of these instruments.
There are several types of deferred gift arrangements and it is important to select one that best meets your needs with regard to your family, financial situation, charitable desires and tax benefits. We will be happy to visit with you in person to learn more about your wishes and needs, and to talk with you about your deferred gift arrangement options. You may also choose to enlist the help of one of the LCMS Foundation representatives who serve in Iowa, as they can be helpful in exploring these arrangements and their potential benefits to you and to the area of PLH ministry you wish to support.
Perhaps you once needed higher amounts of life insurance to provide for your family, and that is no longer the case. An easy way to support the PLH mission is to name PLH as the beneficiary or partial beneficiary on an existing life insurance policy.
In your will, you can include a bequest to support PLH. Your bequest can be stated as a percentage, a fixed amount, specific property or the residual of your estate, i.e. “I give, devise and bequeath ____% (or $_________) (or the rest, remainder and residue) of my estate to Lutheran Home for the Aged Association - West dba. Perry Lutheran Home, 2323 Willis Avenue, Perry, Iowa, 50220.”