Meals on Wheels
Perry Lutheran Homes Meals on Wheels
Every day, Perry Lutheran Homes Meals on Wheels supports the health and wellbeing of older adults and others in Perry and the northern Dallas County area.
More than Just Meals
- Our dedicated team of drivers and volunteers deliver a wide variety of nutritious meals between 11:00AM and 1:00PM Monday through Friday.
- Not only do we deliver meals, we deliver smiles, friendly faces, warm greetings and daily encouragement.
- Drivers check on the safety of clients and may spot additional needs related to health or wellbeing. and StepUp to offer up a resource to meet those needs.
- Because our drivers may be the only person a client sees during the day, he or she also may be a vital lifeline in the event of a medical emergency.
You Can Help Elder Citizens in Need
About 85 percent of meals served by Perry Lutheran Homes Meals on Wheels are provided at low or no cost, a percentage that would not be possible without generous donations from individuals and organizations. Every donation makes a difference!
- $45 provides a week's worth of delivered meals for one elder citizen
- $180 provides a month's worth of delivered meals for one elder citizen
- $2,160 provides a year's worth of delivered meals for one elder citizen
- Or, a gift in any amount, large or small, will help elder citizens in need
Click HERE or the button below to donate!
You can also donate by texting the word "GIVE" to the number 515-320-8256 or by mailing a check to Perry Lutheran Homes, 2323 Willis Ave, Perry, IA 50220 and put "Meals on Wheels" in the memo.
Looking for a Rewarding Volunteer Opportunity?
Volunteers do more than drive from door to door delivering nutritious meals. They also deliver smiles, a friendly face, warm greetings and daily encouragement to those that are lonely. In fact, volunteers may be the only person a client sees during the day. What an impact they can make! To volunteer for meal delivery, contact us through our web form or call (515) 465-7500.
Eligibility for Meals on Wheels
Perry Lutheran Homes Meals on Wheels focuses on caring for older adults or others in need who are homebound because of illness, physical or mental impairment, who are unable to shop for food and/or prepare food independently, or who are otherwise isolated.
Meals are available at an already low cost of $8.95, and that cost may be further reduced or eliminated due to a client's financial situation. If a client is eligible, funding assistance is available through partners such as Dallas County, Aging Resources of Central Iowa, and other State of Iowa-funded programs and initiatives, and through the support of the United Way of Central Iowa and generous private contributions from individuals and organizations.
Starting Meal Delivery
For more information or to sign up for service, call (515) 465-7500.
Gift the Gift of Nourishment and Well-being to Elders in Need!