Perry Lutheran Homes offers three levels of specialized and award-winning memory care for those with Alzheimer's or other Dementia related disease.
Place your trust in Perry Lutheran Homes' progressive memory care for all types and stages of dementia in a safe and loving environment.
100% of our full-time direct care staff become trained and certified through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners within six months of hire. This means that your loved one will receive the highest level of specialized care possible and that you will have expert staff by your side to help you learn about Alzheimer's or dementia, provide you support, and help you better engage with your loved one.
Expert Certified Dementia Practitioners, along with support staff trained specifically in dementia care, are there to support, nurture, and care for each individual as they reach their full potential in a homelike environment.
EARLY STAGE ALZHEIMER'S OR DEMENTIA
- Assisted Living Memory Care at Spring Valley Campus
- Focus on Maintaining Independence
MID STAGE ALZHEIMER'S OR DEMENTIA
- St. James Neighborhood at Willis Campus
- Focus on Environmental Stimulation through a Strategically Designed Environment
ADVANCED STAGE ALZHEIMER'S OR DEMENTIA
- St. John's Neighborhood at Willis Campus
- Focus on Sensory Stimulation through a Sensory-Connected Environment
- Award-Winning CCDI Memory Care communities recognized by LeadingAge Iowa - St. James neighborhood & St. John's Neighborhood
- 100% of direct care staff trained as Certified Dementia Practitioners through the NCCDP within 6 months of hire
- Music & Memory certified - one of only 19 care communities in Iowa
- Inter-Generational interaction with onsite daycare children from Acorns & Oaks Christian daycare
- On-site and innovative therapy services - physical, occupational, and speech
- Availability of podiatry, optometry, and dental services
- On-site social worker
- Weekly worship and bible study
- On-site beauty and barber shop
- Family support group
- Meaningful mission projects
- Art, pet, and music therapy
- Personalized care and activities through IdentitE program
- Innovative iN2L (It's Never 2 Late) person-centered technology
Learn how Marvin's life is enriched with both Music & Memory and music therapy at Perry Lutheran Homes.
Memory Care Mission:
Established with Christian values,
Led by our hearts and faith,
We will lovingly provide expert care for individuals and families suffering from dementia,
To bring hope to every day and meaning to every life.